Friday, March 7, 2008

Texture Land

Every serious photographer must go through a period where s/he seeks out and perfects their specific style. I have taken the straight clean shots and find them lacking. Pretty yes, but I need more in my images. I've spent a lot of years digital scrapbooking but got away from it when my photography obsession began to rise. These days I prefer to spend free time with my camera, but my more artistic background still wants to come through. I am finding my images beginning to take a more artistic turn. I see them as so much more interesting and out of the ordinary. Hopefully future clients will enjoy them as much as I do.

I had another mini photo shoot today with my own personal child model! With this session, my focus was to ultimately practice some new Photoshop texture techniques. Initially the subject was not my focus. But, J has so much character in his expressions, he's just a photographer's dream. I was able to get the best of both the photography world and the Photoshop world in these images.