Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Today I had a shoot with a family on referral from a friend. (Word of mouth is just a beautiful thing!) We were actually scheduled last Friday but due to the dark skies upon us, we had to postpone. I prefer to work in natural light and this was clearing not happening. It worked out for the best because today was beautiful. Sunny skies and cooler weather. This was perfect as the kids were wearing the most adorable Christmas outfits that were a bit on the warm side. They were all too happy to be outside. Mr R was all about hamming it up for the camera. He kept showing me his different "poses". There was the "cool guy" face, the "perfect pose" and as seen below, the "surp-prised" face! His little sister, darling Ms B was the most precious little girl I've met in a long time. I love when they are so naturally smiley! Makes my job so easy :)

I think in this business I will always have something to learn and tackle with each job. We did this shoot in the family's backyard which proved to be on the challenging side for me since I didn't have my usual scenic backdrop. But we made it work and got some great shots of the whole family.